Tour Bus Driver/Guide
For one-day tours to Yosemite National Park and other Northern California locations
Why sit at a desk when granite cliffs and waterfalls can be your office?
- Be a people person – Get to know your guests as you lead them to experience the jaw-dropping beauty of Yosemite Valley
- Great pay – Our tour guides start from $26-30 per hour depending on experience, plus the potential to earn additional bonuses based on customer satisfaction and safety. Also, every tour day comes with the opportunity to earn cash tips!
- Benefits, benefits, benefits – All of our full-time employees (30+ hours per week) are eligible for medical, dental, and vision insurance, and may participate in our 401k with immediate company matching
- Flexible schedule – We operate 365 days a year, and have schedules to fit any lifestyle. Need Tuesdays off for your kid’s swimming lessons? You got it. Active in your church and need Sundays off? No problem. Although we do need a willingness to work at least one weekend day and to commit to availability during the high season and on busy holiday weekends, we do our best to make sure you get the schedule you need to live your life to the fullest!
- Professional Development – We love to develop and promote from within! Think you have what it takes to be a driver trainer, supervisor, or even operations manager? Show us what you’ve got!
Who we are:
Extranomical Tours is a growing San Francisco-based sightseeing company, offering guided tours to Yosemite National Park, Muir Woods, California Wine Country, and more. Our dedicated team of Expedition Leaders deliver far more than destinations… They offer magical moments that allow our guests to create memories to last a lifetime. Our experiences are like traveling with friends to amazing California locations!
Our Expedition Leaders are responsible for the safe, entertaining, and efficient transportation for groups of 10-40 guests on guided tours from San Francisco to stunning Northern California destinations.
Who we want:
The ideal candidate for our Expedition Leader (driver/guide) position has:
- Previous experience as a tour driver/guide
- Able to work weekends, Saturdays and/or Sundays
- Able to handle a long shift such as the 15-hour (10-hours of actual driving) Yosemite one-day tour
- Big personality and strong communication skills. A great sense of humor is a definite plus!
- Ability to work on the busy holiday weekend rushes
- Works well with others
- Commercial driver license with passenger endorsement
- Air brake endorsement, or willingness to get one. Our fleet consists of both air brake vehicles and hydraulic brake vehicles
- Minimum of 2 years experience driving commercial passenger vehicles
- Able to use a smartphone for emails, texts, and electronic driver logs
- Ability to pass a DOT drug test
- DOT medical card
- Safe driving record (3 year)
- Lives in the San Francisco Bay Area
We look forward to hearing from you soon!