You are here
Your Local Insider
I have traveled all over the world and have guided people on adventures in the US around San Francisco, New York, and Hawaii and internationally in Indonesia, Thailand, and Australia. I am highly into being outdoors: camping, hiking, swimming and more. I am a guide because I genuinely love people and nature! I aim to share my wonder and enthusiasm for exploration by creating the most eye-opening, exciting, and transformational trips possible. I believe that travel is a spectacular way we as humans can make the world a better place - by being in awe of natural wonders, connecting to the planet and learning to be compassionate towards our global community we build a brighter future. I am deeply enamored by the beauty, culture, art and people of California and am so grateful to be able to share my appreciation and excitement with you.
Trips Guided by Aoka
- 1) Chinatown Fortune Cookie - Putting a custom fortune into a fortune cookie hot off the presses at the Golden Gate fortune cookie factory in Chinatown.
- 2) North Beach - Getting an espresso and tiramisu in North Beach.
- 3) Delicious foods - Eating delicious foods from all over the world: Ethiopian, Pakistani, Nepalese, Mexican, West African, Indian and so much more!
- 4) North Beach - Getting an espresso and tiramisu in North Beach. Botanical Gardens - Strolling through the unprecedented beauty of different flowers and foliage in the Botanical Gardens of Golden Gate Park.
- 5) San Francisco Museum - Seeing the latest light installation exhibit at the San Francisco Museum of Modern Art.
- 6) Golden Gate Park - Bringing a picnic to enjoy the 360 degree views from Strawberry Hill in Golden Gate Park.
- 7) Cable car - Riding the cable car all the way from Fisherman's Wharf to Union Square.
- 8) Golden Gate Bridge - Walking across the Golden Gate Bridge.
- 9) Roxy Theater - Checking out fantastic independent cinema at the Roxy Theater in The Mission District.
- 10) Street festivals - Wandering through the varied neighborhoods annual street festivals that feature live music, arts and crafts vendors, and community organizations like the Castro Street Fair, Union Street Art Festival, North Beach Festival, and Haight-Ashbury Street Fair.